The Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa
Built in 1823 to replace an earlier manor house, the building is set in mature landscape parkland which straddles the main Salisbury Road. The house, stable courtyard and garden structures are all Grade II listed, and there are three Scheduled Ancient Monuments (SAMs) located in the grounds to the rear of the house.
The proposals were to increase the capacity of the hotel, adding a further 40 flexible family / corporate rooms in a new building, together with a new access road and car parking to the rear of main house.
Extensive pre-application discussions were required with the LPA and English Heritage as a result of the site ecology, heritage setting and potential highways impacts. A Full Planning consent was secured in 2013.
Photos courtesy of Longleat Estates.